Security of the overall system, as well as its reliability and responsiveness, depend upon the correct functioning of the kernel.
This unique approach - presenting a formal specification of a kernel - starts with basic constructs and develops a set of kernels; proofs are included as part of the text. Product details Format Hardback pages Dimensions x x Illustrations note XIII, p.
- Formal refinement for operating system Kernels - Semantic Scholar.
- A groupoid approach to C* - algebras.
- Kinase Inhibitor Drugs (Wiley Series in Drug Discovery and Development).
- Lifeguarding: A Memoir of Secrets, Swimming, and the South.
- The Algebraic Foundations of Mathematics.
Back cover copy The kernel of any operating system is its most critical component, the remainder of the system depends upon a correctly functioning and reliable kernel for its operation - what is more, a kernel that has security flaws can be exploited by malicious users. Kernels are notoriously complex and hard to understand.
- No. 129 - Cerwona Nawalnica. Wojna.
- Strategic Pricing for the Arts.
- Ultrasound of congenital fetal anomalies : differential diagnosis and prognostic indicators.
- Zapata and the Mexican Revolution.
- Teaching English Language Arts to English Language Learners: Preparing Pre-service and In-service Teachers!
The purpose of this book is to show that the formal specification of kernels is not only possible but also necessary if operating systems are to achieve the levels of reliability and security that is demanded of them today. Specifications of a sequence of kernels of increasing complexity are included, acting as models to enable the designer to identify and reason about the properties of the design - thus making explicit that which is too often left implicit or even unknown.
A considerable amount of reasoning is included, showing what can be inferred about a design; and in addition, essential properties of data structures and mechanisms are discussed and the properties of these proved.
Also included as an essential aspect of the activity, are the interfaces to the hardware and the processes running on them. It is very easy to get bogged down in complexity issues when considering kernels, but this book's prescriptive rather than descriptive approach shows how the kernel of an operating system can affect both the reliability and performance of these systems in a clear and concise style. Table of contents Standard and Generic Components.
Formal Refinement for Operating System Kernels
The following Monday, I received an email from her saying that it had gone out for review. The review process took less than 2 weeks; the response was as surprising as it was encouraging: a de?
So I got on with it. This book is intended as a new way to approach operating systems - sign in general, and kernel design in particular. It was partly driven by the old ambition mentioned above, by the need for greater clarity where it comes to kernels and by the need, as I see it, for a better foundation for operating systemsdesign.
- Good Thinking: The Foundations of Probability and Its Applications!
- Formal Models of Operating System Kernels - Iain D. Craig - Google Livres.
- Flag-transitive Steiner Designs;
- Bibliographic Information!
- The Official Patients Sourcebook on Parry-Romberg Syndrome: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age.
- Biorefinery : from biomass to chemicals and fuels.
Securitydoesnototherwise play a part in this book. Using Messages in the Swapping Kernel 51 Introduction. A Simple Kernel 31 Introduction 32 Requirements.
A Swapping Kernel 41 Introduction 42 Requirements. Virtual Storage 61 Introduction 62 Outline. Demand Paging and LRU. Final Remarks 71 Introduction 72 Review.